Taking care of a commercial building’s roof can be a stressful task. Not only are you responsible for the structure, but you also have a commitment to the health and safety of the people who live or work in it.
Understanding common issues and how to prevent them is the best way to keep your building’s roof in the best condition. Read on for common problems and leak prevention advice.
Commercial Roofing in Houston, TX — Common Issues
It’s important to recognize issues that may be present in your commercial covering. With this knowledge in tow, you can spot minor issues before they develop into major problems. If you think your structure has one of the following problems, you should contact Houston commercial roofing services immediately:
- Water Leaks: Leaks are one of the most common issues you’ll experience. They can lead to rot, structural damage, and mold growth. Even a small leak should undergo immediate repair services.
- Blistered Surface: Blisters occur when bubbles of air or water build up under the structure’s surface. As the sun heats the structure, the bubbles expand and cause a loss of adhesion. Houston has an average of 99.6 days per year when temperatures are above 90°F, so this issue is very common.
- Blocked Gutters: A buildup of leaves and other debris often leads to clogged gutters. They can prevent water from draining properly, leading to water damage.
Although these issues may only seem minor, they can rapidly cause significant damage if you don’t address them. You should make sure you know which types of damage are more common based on your structure’s material. Contact commercial roofing contractors in Houston, TX if you spot one of these signs of damage.
Preventing Commercial Roof Leaks
Houston commercial roofing can be susceptible to leaks due to various conditions. Here are a few methods that you can implement around your building to prevent leaks:
- Install waterproof barriers at chimneys, skylights, eaves, and other areas prone to leaks.
- Address issues with pests immediately.
- Ventilate your building’s attics.
While these methods can prevent leaks, be sure to call a professional if you suspect a leak is already present.
Protecting Commercial Roofing in Houston, Texas
Taking care of commercial buildings can be a stressful task. Thankfully, by following these easy steps and recognizing common issues, you can keep your property and its visitors safe.
When you spot an issue, there’s no need to panic. You can find many excellent commercial roofing companies in Houston, TX, who will help you address leaks and other repairs. Your building will be in perfect condition in no time.