A business must have a durable and sturdy roof to protect its customers and employees. Does your Houston, Texas company need a new roof?
When searching for Houston commercial roofing services, it can be hard to distinguish what roof works best for your business when working on a budget. Check out this comprehensive guide to see the advantages and disadvantages of different types of commercial roofing systems:
It is necessary to invest in the best commercial roofing in Houston, Texas for your business. Your business may benefit from a built-up roof or (BUR), which has been a popular option for companies for many years. It has an alternating layer of fabric and asphalt and finishes with a top of some gravel.
- Affordable—the price for materials and installation for this type of commercial roofing in Houston, TX is relatively low.
- Low-Maintenance—these kinds of roofs also require minimal maintenance, so you will not have to pay to have constant servicing.
- Energy-Efficient—the multiple layers of a built-up roof provide suburb UV protection. Considering Houston can reach extreme temperaturesup to over 90 degrees, you need a commercial roofing system that mitigates heat. The UV protection creates lower temperatures inside your building, saving money on running a high AC bill.
- Longevity—when properly installed and maintained by a Houston commercial roofing company, it can have a long lifespan too.
- Appearance—built-up roofs are not the most aesthetically pleasing roof option. If your business has a particular look, this option may not work for them.
- Odor—during the installation phase, heated tar and asphalt could create a toxic odor. That is why it is vital to work with professional commercial roofing companies in Houston, TX for installation.
There are several kinds of metal roofs, such as steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper, and zinc alloys. They can last the longest out of most roofs, thus reducing the frequency that you’ll need Huston commercial roofing services.
- Cost-Savings—metal roofs can be more expensive upfront but more affordable in the long run. The investment in a long-lasting and durable roof will save you money on maintenance and replacement.
- Durable—metal roofs are very resistant to weather and storm. They are also resistant to the effects of water damage, such as moldand mildew.
- Stylish—metal roofs are also aesthetically pleasing. You can have them painted and colored to your business’ request.
- Costly to Install—more expensive than other roofing systems if you are working on a tight budget.
- Susceptible to Dents—if there is a lot of foot traffic on the roof or HVAC units, it can create dents in the metal.
A single-ply roof is one of the most common options commercial roofing contractors in Houston, TX may recommend. They are easy to install and offer a low price point. The three main types of single-ply are Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TVO), Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM).
- Budget-Friendly—there are relatively low installation costs.
- Lightweight and Flexible—they put less stress on a building’s structure.
- Color Uniformity—these roofs can come in different standard colors such as white, black, and gray. The color palette can make your company’s building look uniformed. With Houston commercial roofing, standardized color can enhance the professional appearance of the building.
- Shorter Lifespan—even though single-ply roofs are cheaper, the trade-off is their shorter lifespan of about five to seven years compared to the seven to ten years for other roofs.
- Less Durable—they are not as durable as metal or built-up roofs, so if a large storm comes through, it may require more maintenance and calls for commercial roofing services.
If you have a smaller budget for commercial roofing in Houston, TX, single-ply roofs might be your best option. They are flexible, lightweight, and, most importantly, affordable. However, these options are not as durable and long-lasting as metal roofs and built-up roofs.
If you have a bigger budget to afford the upfront costs, metal and built-up roofs can save you in the long run. They require less maintenance and fewer replacements, so they can be the better investment option. Commercial roofing companies in Houston, TX can help you evaluate your options when making a new roof decision.